Download here: Information on a complimentary 3 day program which the AEC provides to all full degree students who lodge their applications through the AEC Program. Program titled: Wheels of Diplomacy & Australian Seat of Government Tour Program, Canberra, Capital of Australia.
The AEC Program does not charge full degree applicants and semester/year abroad students any fees for the work it carries out in providing application processing and support services. Click here for more information about AEC services. We are able to do this work free for you, because we are one of the student support (processing) centers for universities who fund the cost of enrollment management. We are paid processing fees based on the students we process. This is one reason why we provide as much information as possible on the AEC web site and do hope students that use the AEC resources will allow the AEC the opportunity to process their applications. It is also one reason that the AEC introduced a refundable tuition deposit so that we discourage students who aren’t really sure and simply apply to as many universities and programs and then don’t go.
The My Study Australia website has been created for the Australian Education Connection (AEC program), with a view to providing students, parents and advisers with comprehensive information about semester abroad, year abroad, full degrees, transfer and internship programs to Australia at direct enrollment prices. Information about direct enrollment is listed on this website. There is also information about student services. This page provides information about why the AEC should be considered for processing you to your Australian university.
The funding we receive from universities in Australia for processing students allows us to assist students with resources and then from the point of application right through to arrival in Australia. You can click here to read all about the services we do offer.
So what are the real advantages of applying through the AEC Program:
- There is no additional cost for applying through the AEC.
- Ease of the application process. We first request a generic AEC Application from you with only a copy of your current or last transcript and much information (which you need to complete). We also ask you for a refundable tuition deposit of $100 program deposit. Once we receive this documentation, we know what you want and we provide you the next batch of materials for completion and we then lodge your papers electronically to the university. Furthermore, we stay the course by working to assist you with all aspects of your trip to Australia – we help with housing, visa, pre departure and on arrival arrangements. We check your paperwork twice over, just in case you may have missed something.
- You do save money by directing your application through the AEC:
- Universities will accept certified documents from the AEC and we send these scanned electronically; this means you aren’t mailing large scale envelopes internationally.
- If you are applying to more than 1 university, we are able to use your one set of original transcripts which we photocopy and then certify as `true copies’ to send with each of your application – in this way you have to order only one set of transcripts. Again, we do this at no charge to you.
- You can save on telephone calls and time because the AEC can get you regular updates on the progress of your application(s). You need not have to pursue individual universities and their international offices who are usually looking after the needs of thousands of students.
- Effective 1 September 2007, all students applying to their Australia universities through the AEC program now receive a complimentary 3 night visit to Canberra, Australia's capital city. Click here for more details.
- You can benefit from the personalized service you would receive from the AEC both in the US and in Australia – the AEC will take care of your application for admission, pre-departure arrangements including housing and student visa, assistance with arrival and orientation, referrals to low cost travel agencies and much more! Click here to understand what we offer as services.
- You receive plenty of good advice and continuous support on a regular basis. You are not lost within a large system – we work with you every step of the way.
OTHER STUFF THAT YOU MAY THINK AS IMPORTANT ….
- The AEC will NOT request you to pay your tuition fees through the AEC. Once you have been offered admission, the AEC will send you the admission papers from the Australian or New Zealand university and you can pay your fees direct to the Australian or New Zealand university as per your admission offer. If you require assistance with the transfer of funds, the AEC will be more than happy to help.
The AEC has been processing applications for full degrees since 1997. We believe we are extremely competent with what we do and have staff that are knowledgeable about the Australian and New Zealand education systems.
Due to the resources required to process applications, the AEC will accept applications only on the basis of a US$100 refundable tuition deposit payable with the application. This application deposit is fully refundable if the AEC is not able to get you admission to your choice of Australian or New Zealand university.