|SOUTHERN CROSS UNIVERSITY
| General Information and Eligibility
Tuition and Housing Prices
Application Deadlines and Start Dates
Orientation and Fields of Study
Application and Support Service in North America
Airfares and Tourism, City and State Information
Other Study Options
|General Information and Eligibility
Australian Government CRICOS code: 01241G
Campus Location(s): Lismore
Student Numbers: 10,000+
Semester Abroad GPA Requirement: 2.7 (on a 4.0 scale)
Credits for Semester: usually 12-16 credits
Full Degree Requirement: Details on university web site
University Information: www.scu.edu.au
|Tuition and Housing Prices
We have provided the university’s tuition and housing prices below. You should also check out the consolidated price list of all universities here as this also includes cost of medical insurance, books, international airfare and visa. In this way, you will be able to better budget for your overseas study experience.
Tuition Fee - click here to convert into US Dollars
- Semester Abroad A$ TO BE ADVISED
- Year Abroad A$ TO BE ADVISED
- Full Degrees Tuition depends on the Field of Study
- Internship Same as semester cost
Housing Fee – click here to convert into US Dollars
- Allow A$ TO BE ADVISED to A$ TO BE ADVISED per semester.
- Cost of housing is based on your preference.
- You pay university/provider direct cost.
- Housing options at this university include:
- On campus residence halls, some with meals plans
- Off campus residence halls
- Off campus shared housing
- Independent housing
For details of housing options navigate to Housing or Accommodation via the university web site here
|Application Deadlines and Start Dates
- Semester and Year Abroad: AEC will accept applications on a rolling basis
- Full Degrees and Other Programs: AEC will accept applications up to 4 months prior to start of the program.
Discuss with AEC if you need to lodge a late application.
Start Date - Schedules:
- Semester Abroad: February to June or July to November
- Year Abroad: February to November or July to June
Note: The Year Abroad beginning in July is longer due to the summer holidays in Australia/New Zealand from Dec to Feb.
- Full Degrees: Start in February and July
- Other programs: As per university web site information
Detailed information on dates is on university web site.
|Orientation and Fields of Study
University provides comprehensive orientation program for all incoming international students. Program usually begins 7-10 days prior to start of semester classes. AEC provides a package of information with dates on application through the AEC program. (AEC optional tours and an `Experience Australia’ program are also offered to students.)
Major Fields of Study (complete list is on university web site)
Australian Indigenous Studies Australian Studies, Environmental and Marine Management, Contemporary Music, Education, Fisheries and Forestry, Management, Humanities, Information Technology, Law and Justice Studies, Media, Naturopathy, Natural and Complementary Medicine, Nursing, Social Sciences, Sport Science, Tourism and Hotel Management and Visual/Fine Arts
|Application and Support Service in North America
Application and Support in North America
Students lodging applications for semester, year abroad and full degree programs through the AEC direct enrollment service pay no additional fees to the AEC. (The AEC Service includes: assistance with subject selection, credit transfer, housing, visa, pre-departure, on-arrival, etc). In addition, full degree students lodging applications through the AEC will receive a free `Wheels of Diplomacy & Australian Seat of Government’ 3 night arrival and tour program to Australia’s Capital, Canberra. The free tour includes travel from Sydney to Canberra. For information click here. Students wanting an alternate program in Auckland and/or any other major capital city may request an alternate city program, however, travel to that city, will be at the student’s expense.
|Airfares and Tourism, City and State Information
Airfares and Travel Arrangements
As airfares fluctuate and various travel agencies provide special deals to students, the AEC will provide contact details of travel agencies, airlines and online services which offer the best arrangements. The AEC offers complete flexibility with travel arrangements but is on hand to assist where possible, with group airfare arrangements.
Tourism and City/State Information
Government, City, History, Climate, Maps, etc. located at
|Other Study Options
Other Study Options:
- Look at Menu at left on this site if you wish to pursue: Working Holiday Visa Options, Internships and Travel (after your semester abroad), Summer/Winter/Short Programs and the processes for these.