The AEC is a relatively small program which also depends on the support of its returning students to promote its program on campus.
The My Study Australia website has been created for the Australian Education Connection (AEC program), with a view to providing students, parents and advisers information about semester abroad, year abroad, full degrees, transfer and internship programs to Australia . Clearly we want students to know about the direct enrollment service through the AEC and we value the input of our alumni in promoting the AEC on campus.
We would value your support to be the AEC Ambassador at your Campus. Being an AEC Ambassador on campus does not require a lot of hard work but there are benefits. For example, some of the tasks you can do for the AEC include:
- placing AEC posters at prominent locations on campus (the AEC will supply you stocks). You will need to get clearance from your Home School first as postering is often banned without clearance.
- going in and talking to your Study Abroad Office (SAO) about your experience in Australia on the AEC program. Ask the SAO to put up a sign asking prospective Australia bound students to talk to you about your experience. Give your email address as a starting point.
- wearing an AEC returned student T-shirt on campus - the AEC will happily provide one to you.
- checking out with the SAO when there is a study abroad fair on campus and contacting the AEC about representation at that fair.
- go in and speak to or drop off AEC materials (just a lightweight flyer/brochure) to individual faculty or department academic advisers (example: see someone in the departments of Business, Economics and Politics ... the list goes on.)
The above are only some of the activities that you can undertake on your campus which actively promote the AEC program.
We are happy to provide some financial support for student work because we see this as a way of AEC promoting to other students on campuses. If you want to know more about how you can become an AEC Ambassador on campus, EMAIL THE AEC